Weddings Engagements Lifestyle Bands Photography Slideshows My Life
My Twitter My Facebook



A wedding and lifestyle portrait photographer based in sunny Southern California. Welcome to my blog, where I share my most recent projects and adventurous life behind the lens. To view my wedding portfolio, simply scroll over the categories link above then click on the wedding label. Email me for inquiries, questions, or coffee dates...wink wink.





Sunday, June 8, 2008

What in the world?

Growing up in a suburban neighborhood, I thought about how my friends and I would ride our bikes all day together without a care in the world. I reminisced how we would take turns and ride the each other on the handlebars of our beach cruisers as we chased the ice cream truck, rode to a friends house to swim, or simply rode to just about anywhere else in the city that seemed worth our efforts to pedal to! It was often normal for me to stay out riding until dark. The streetlights flickering ON became my cue to come in for the night.

The other day while on a photo session, my client and I came across this silly bike and I grabbed a quick snap of it for laughs. Today, I went to the gas station to fill up the tank of my SUV, and watched the numbered digits on the gas pump spin and spin until it stopped at $99.00...I wasn't laughing so much anymore...and for a moment I remembered my old blue beach cruiser again.


Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

i still have my beach cruiser and ride it WAY more to the store than i had been. it's so good to get out and ride! i need to get me a vespa. this gas crud has to stop!!!

Nat said...

Art and I feel your pain! We are pretty much not using Art's car because it fills up with $100+ while my car only needs $45-$50. That sucks though because I remember when I got my car it would only need about $25 bucks to fill up!

Dawn Malone said...

LOL...As I am feeling everyones pain re: gas prices, I also am laughing at the sign on the bike. I tried to save some money on a haircut for Ryan a few weeks ago, I ended taking him an hour later to get it professionally cut, and then a day later his dad took him to get a repair on that haircut. So after many tears, Ryan still has a bad hair cut. HA! I need to find this place!

rowena said...

It hurts I know but a little less when you get gas at COSTCO! But if you have to make a special trip there just to get gas never mind. BTW, I used the gas excuse on Matt to get a new car... didn't work, he just told me to drive less hahahahaha.

Christopher said...

I grew up in So Cal and loved ridding my bike everywhere. Now being in GA, I miss having the freedom to ride my bike. Roads are narrow and not made for "bikers". Maybe that will change with our soon to be $5/gallon gas.

Jeanette said...

@David and Kimi: cruisers ARE cool aren't they...
@Dawn: HA! That is hilarious, poor Ryan...
@ROW: Yeah, I WAS at Costco and was still paying 99 bucks!
@Christopher: Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog.