Weddings Engagements Lifestyle Bands Photography Slideshows My Life
My Twitter My Facebook



A wedding and lifestyle portrait photographer based in sunny Southern California. Welcome to my blog, where I share my most recent projects and adventurous life behind the lens. To view my wedding portfolio, simply scroll over the categories link above then click on the wedding label. Email me for inquiries, questions, or coffee dates...wink wink.





Saturday, October 11, 2008

Planes, trains, and automobiles

On Thursday, I spent half a day or more, traveling by airplane, airport terminal train, and finally car rental. Destination...New York! Yes, I am currently visiting the big apple. Robert and I are part of a team of 50 volunteers who are here with a Christian organization reaching out to the inner city communities of Washington Heights and Harlem, New York through live music, give aways, and a special message from pastors, more on that in the next blog to come.

Meanwhile, my job is to document the whole experience and tell a story through photographs to the various supporters and churches back home. I love my job!

On Friday, we ventured across the George Washington Bridge into the township of Teaneck, New Jersey for a nice lunch and walk along the Jewish owned storefronts. It was a beautiful day with the colors of fall all around us!

Teaneck, New Jersey.


Many photos of Washington Heights, Harlem, and Time Square to follow...check back again soon.
Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) said...

Oh...awesome! Have a wonderful and safe trip and may God's peace and boldness be with your team.
-E

rowena said...

Oh I love those fall colors! What a neat opportunity to share the LOVE. God is good and He will accomplish what He set out to do. Much Shalom to you, Robert, the kids back home, and the whole team. Looking forward to a full report in a day or two. LOL.

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

how incredibly awesome! cannot wait to see all your images! they are so blessed to have you all there!

Enoch Photography said...

This shot is just lovely... the trees turning color in autumn is one of my favorite things of the year. Great shot! //enoch

Shannon Lott said...

The colors are so pretty! You are such a good person:)

Debbie said...

I want to live there please! Can't wait to hear what the Lord did.

Mariann said...

I am excited for you !! Knowing that the Lord will do great things!! Love YA ~~~

Mariann said...

Oh !! Love the pictures ...waiting for more to come !

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

pics of nyc ;) sorry a little anxious :) have a blessed weekend jeanette!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette! I met you and your husband in Washington Heights. My new fiance and I, Anthony, were on our motorcycle when you snapped our picture! I hope the weekend was a success. I will pray for your work and that the seeds you planted will grow fruitfully. Thanks for your card, your pictures are great! I look foward to seeing more.

-Reagan Kelly, NYC