Weddings Engagements Lifestyle Bands Photography Slideshows My Life
My Twitter My Facebook



A wedding and lifestyle portrait photographer based in sunny Southern California. Welcome to my blog, where I share my most recent projects and adventurous life behind the lens. To view my wedding portfolio, simply scroll over the categories link above then click on the wedding label. Email me for inquiries, questions, or coffee dates...wink wink.





Monday, May 12, 2008

Olvera Street

This year Mother's Day weekend took us to Olvera Street in Downtown LA. Our kids had never visited Olvera Street and so we knew a field trip there would be a fun way to educate them on the history of the old pueblo. I loved all the bright colors of the markets, the sweet smelling aroma of homemade tortillas, and the fine carvings of aged architecture.


Isaiah was happy to model for me in front of this gorgeous door.


After lunch we bought some delicious coconut candy called cocada for a dollar each.


Savannah thought it would be cute to offer poor little Bella a lick of her super spicy lolipop!





FUN FACT: My parents made me play an accordian when I was little...in front of everyone...at church! But I won't be posting any of those photos today because, well...sadly to say, there are none.

This is an authentic handmade guitar from Mexico. Robert's grandfather made guitars like this long ago in his shop in Mexico too.

What? Bella is sad?
Oh good, she snapped out of it when I told her she can pick a flower off of the tree...

This guitar isn't from Mexico, but from Taylor Guitars here in California and cost an arm and a leg. I snapped this shot across the street inside Union Station.




So, after a beautiful sunny day visiting and sharing a part our culture with my family and feeling like a Queen for Mother's Day, what else could a Mama ask for??

POCKET WIZARDS for an off camera flash of course, thanks kids!

12 comments:

rowena said...

Oh that Zach from One Light, it's all his fault! Now our pockets have gotten skinny! Hehe, I'm sure with all the fun we'll have playing we'll soon forget the pain. Looks like you and the fam. had lots of fun. Last time we went to Olvera Street was like 2 years ago... I miss the taquitos on the corner!!!

nel said...

ooh! looks like fun and a great place for photo shoots! :) your comment about playing the accordion in front of everyone cracked me up!

hope you had an awesome mother's day!

Melissa Koehler said...

Looks like fun! I have never been there either. I loved that door! Your kids are so adorable!
Yeah for pocket wizards! Happy belated Mother's day my friend!

Anonymous said...

Haha, best Mother's Day present ever!! Love the photos!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

sweet!! we're all off camera wizards!!! ok i'm no wizard but i'm a popper!! ha! hope you had an awesome mama's day jeanette! i was so lookin forward to the accordian pics!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

ok, i was hoping you were kidding about not having a pic of you and the accordian, and hoped you would of posted it today. poopity poop.

Dawn Malone said...

I am so glad you made it up there. What a fun day.
Were those braces on Savannah's teeth?
BTW I was forced to play the accordian as well. It only lasted for a few weeks.
Miss you guys! Muah!

Jeanette said...

@David: Ha! I asked my parents and can you believe they don't have one darn picture of me playing my accordian??
It's no wonder I became a photographer!

Anonymous said...

Hey when did Robert get the new ink??? Im totally jealous!!! By the way those Nacho Libre masks are awesome! Take care!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

ok jeanette but next time we all hook up you better have that bad boy ready to rock and roll!! :)

Jeanette said...

@David: Don't laugh but my parents STILL have my accordian at home in a closet!! I'll take a picture of it soon.

cristina thornburg photography said...

What a fun field trip...we'll have to take the kids one of these days!

I had to chuckle when I saw your wizards; Did we all get the same Mother's Day gift?! Too fun!

See ya around!