Weddings Engagements Lifestyle Bands Photography Slideshows My Life
My Twitter My Facebook



A wedding and lifestyle portrait photographer based in sunny Southern California. Welcome to my blog, where I share my most recent projects and adventurous life behind the lens. To view my wedding portfolio, simply scroll over the categories link above then click on the wedding label. Email me for inquiries, questions, or coffee dates...wink wink.





Thursday, May 8, 2008

Onelight Workshop

The Onelight Workshop with Zach Arias finally came to San Diego on Monday. And I was there! Yes, these incredible one day workshops with lighting guru Zach Arias get sold out so quickly. Zach has educated hundreds of photographers all across the country the awesome techniques that are available when using off camera flash. I was very impressed with how much an image can change and improve when one off camera lighting is applied to a subject in any location and situation.

Below is an example of how Zach set up the light for us on the beach at sunset.


This is Christina Thornburg, our host, with her violin. This image was taken in the hallway of her house using a flash on the floor. By the way, she played her violin beautifully for us!



This is Melissa Koehler, my friend and our model for the day, doesn't she look great?


This is Lauren, our other model for the day. She is amazing!



While we waited for Zach to set up our beach location we noticed this old vintage Volkswagon Bus and asked the owner if we could shoot a few photos of it with Lauren. I just loved how nostalgic the bus looked with the paint being rusted and aged parked halfway on the sand with a view of the pacific ocean.




Lauren's shoes were too cute!




More off camera lighting with Lauren on the beach! Can you tell she is a ballet student?



Kudos for Melissa who stood in the cold water for some most of these shots!



I love the emotion that is expressed here...so natural.




These last two images were taken from Zach's blog of our group. I'm the one with the crazy salty wind blown hair in each of these.


It was so fun to meet new photographers who came from other states to attend this workshop and to see and visit the familiar ones who were local from San Diego, you know who you are!
Thanks again Zach, you rock!

4 comments:

Dawn Malone said...

WOW J! Awesome job! They all look awesome!

Melissa Koehler said...

It was great to hang out with you again!
Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

These are killer Jeanette! How do I miss all these cool events? Nice work!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

jeanette!!!!!! wow!! wow!!wow!!! the images of cristina are amazing!!! my favorite is the bus that shot is just too incredible for words. i'm speechless.