Weddings Engagements Lifestyle Bands Photography Slideshows My Life
My Twitter My Facebook



A wedding and lifestyle portrait photographer based in sunny Southern California. Welcome to my blog, where I share my most recent projects and adventurous life behind the lens. To view my wedding portfolio, simply scroll over the categories link above then click on the wedding label. Email me for inquiries, questions, or coffee dates...wink wink.





Monday, February 9, 2009

Geek Status

It finally happened. Not only am I a coffee drinker but I may very well be a real coffee geek now. As of today we kicked our drip coffee maker to the curb for a French Press. Why? Because we were introduced to a new method of coffee bean consumption by our cousin, the real coffee geek, Ed. Thanks Ed!

The french press takes four minutes to make and tastes like silk. Just try it for yourself. We'll still use our drip maker for hosting, but for now, the new love to our daily groove is the french way. It's the bees knees.

So, if I don't sound geek enough, did you know there are actually coffee forums and websites devoted to the hardcore coffee connoisseur, like coffeegeek.com, which is where I found a helpful break down on all things french press. Which again led me to realize that I have arrived to coffee geek status.

Happy Monday!



12 comments:

rowena said...

I think... you've gone over... the... edge... to coffee geekdom! I'll let you make me some next time I'm over cuz I don't believe the schtuff about silk. HA!]

Jeannie said...

I used a French press for a while. I liked the coffee but hated the clean up. I'm a big fan of that little ceramic pour-over coffee maker. Go, coffee!

Jeanette said...

Over the edge is right...into a caffeine abyss!

Anonymous said...

i'm dead over here :) you kill me j

Brandi said...

Alton Brown would be proud. We need a french press!

Anonymous said...

I'm a black tea drinker myself- big Alton Brown fan :)

Amy said...

I am a tea girl, but I did purchase a coffee press for my older "drink it straight black" brother. Needless to say after your experience, I am his favorite person in the world.

Anonymous said...

you crack me up with the coffee!!! :D

Shannon Lott said...

Hmmm....I just might have to try it. I live for my morning coffee. And it's just little ole me so this might be perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, this might be the perfect V-day gift for my husband. Just debating if we need one more thing in our kitchen...

Anonymous said...

I want one! I don't know how to use one though. :(

Jeanette said...

yes! I would love to hear how you like trying one of these baby's, your coffee won't be the same!